10 August 2019

2019 UK/Ireland Trip Day 36 - John O'Groats

John O'Groats
10 August 2019
Day 36
Km Today: 249
Km Total: 5862
Photos Today: 247
Photos Total: 8644
********************************************************************
                                                                                                                        Click on the arrows below 
                                                                                                                       to show photos on the map

Good day today with no rain yay.

The little robin was very interested in what I was doing this morning, he even got in my top box. 🐦


Grania, Rattie & I made it.

We are at where the road ends at the top, with the bottom still to come.

When I checked the weather it said there was a yellow warning for thunderstorms and heavy rain but not till later in the day. 🌧⛈

I couldn't come half way round the world and let a little bit of Scottish weather get in the way of me visiting John O'Groats. πŸ€—

So I set off to a stunning morning with a lovely blue sky.☀️ About 30km in it started to get dark 🌫, lots of heavy fog which cleared as I approached John O'Groats.





























I returned on the same road the I took to John O'Groats. I didn't get to see a big bit of it this morning because of the fog.

On the way back I stopped at Clynelish Distillery and did a tour.
























I think there is something wrong with me as I have been in Scotland for 8 days and I have only had one (Yes you read that right) whisky. Must be because I prefer it with an E. 😁πŸ₯ƒ

The tour included 3 tastes so I got them to go. 95% of their whisky goes to Johnnie Walker, the other 5% is only sold at the distillery. I was going to get a bottle but was not sure about how much alcohol I am allowed to take into Turkey and I have already preordered a couple of bottles with an E.




Grania is also wearing a new sticker. 

Click the target for today's photos πŸŽ―

No comments:

Post a comment